Mustang "Run and Gun" - Do YOU have what it takes?
3-Day extravaganza of FUN!
Drag race, autocross and road course!
Kit Car Magazine’s Run and Gun is every performance person’s dream come true. But why just read about it when you can participate? And for 2003, Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords joins in on the fun! Get out and drive your Muscle Mustang at Kit Car magazine’s 16th Annual “Run and Gun” at Gateway International Raceway, (St. Louis, MO / Madison, IL) October 15 – 19, 200! Run and Gun pits pros, street drivers and novices against those of similar skills and vehicles on an autocross course, the CART/IRL road course and NHRA drag strip.
Do YOU have what it takes?
With trophies galore and carloads of thrills, it’s both a competition and a fun way to enjoy your Muscle Mustang. There will be classes for both Fox and SN95 Mustangs in stock, street prepared, modified and unlimited categories. If you own a well-built and safe Mustang and want to showcase your driving skills, then the Run and Gun is a can’t miss event!
Compete and there is a chance that you and your car could wind up in the event coverage in a future issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine. Hope to see you there!
General Safety Requirements: SA95 (or newer) helmet, convertibles MUST have a structural roll bar (no light or style bars)
Cost is $375 for all FOUR days (if paid by 9/15), $425 after 9/15...
Email us at Trackguys@aol.com if you would like a registration form for this event...but, HURRY! We only have space for 30 to 40 of the BEST Mustangs and drivers in the country... we need YOU!
MM&FF will be adding information about this event to their web site (http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com) very soon... Kit Car Magazine (http://www.kitcarmag.com) already has it up on theirs...
Hope to see you there!
Jeff Lacina & Todd Zikas
Track Guys Performance Driving Events
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Ford – Run and Gun 2003
General: The following classes are for:
1) 1979 to 1993 Mustangs (Fox)
2)1994 to 2003 Mustangs (SN95)
Street Stang Stock (SSS):
• Suspension - NO modifications that alter factory specs, except for the following;
i. OE replacement or aftermarket struts/shocks
ii.OE replacement or aftermarket tires on stock or aftermarket wheels (aftermarket wheels MUST be OE size for that specific vehicle) NO DOT “Competition” tires”
iii. Aftermarket springs (stock style and location only)
iv. Upgraded brake pad/shoe material (stock calipers & rotors)
• Engine – ONLY the following bolt-on modifications allowed:
i. Aftermarket air filter element (K&N, etc)
ii. Aftermarket shorty headers
iii. Underdrive pulleys
Street Stang Modified / Power-Adder (SSM/PA)
(Note: due to its factory supercharger, stock 2003/4 Cobra will run in this class)
• Suspension: Allowed:
i. Bolt-on suspension upgrades, such as caster/camber plates, bump-steer kits, upgraded brakes, lower/upper control arms, sway bars, etc. Suspension MUST maintain factory K-member and pickup/location points and overall configuration.
ii. Competition DOT legal tires
iii. Aftermarket / upgraded wheels (MUST fit within/under stock wheel openings)
iv. Aftermarket / upgraded brake calipers, pads/shoes, rotors/drums and brake lines.
v. Extra chassis bracing and subframe connectors.
• Engine: Mods allowed:
i. Aftermarket air filter element
ii. Aftermarket headers
iii. Aftermarket cat back exhaust system (MUST run mufflers)
iv. Bolt-on aftermarket superchargers
v. Bolt-on aftermarket turbochargers
• Modifications NOT allowed:
i. Panhard bar
ii. Torque Arm rear suspension
iii. Three Link rear suspension
iv. Five Link rear suspension
v. Nitros Oxide (NOX) injection/fogging of ANY kind
Modified Mustang (MM):
• Suspension: Allowed Modifications:
i. All mods within Street Stang Modified, plus;
ii. Panhard bars
iii. Torque arm rear suspensions
iv. Three-Link rear suspensions
v. Five-Link rear suspensions
vi. Any brake caliper, pad, rotor/drum
vii. Aftermarket K-member OK.
viii. Coil-over struts/shocks OK
ix. Competition DOT legal tires only – NO SLICKS.
i. Any displacement allowed
ii. Supercharger or turbocharger(s) OK.
• Interior: Must have stock dash, all interior panels, carpeting front and rear; rear seat can be deleted.
Unlimited Mustang (UM):
• Fully-prepared cars - anything goes!
• Does not have to be race-sanctioned / race legal.
• Driver safety gear should be appropriate to vehicle capabilities
• Helmets with Snell SA95 or SA00 ratings are required by ALL drivers. NO Snell 90, “M” or DOT rated helmets will be allowed. Helmets must be in good physical condition with no visible signs of surface cracks, dents or any other signs of physical damage to the exterior shell. Helmets with frayed or damaged chin straps or helmets missing the internal SA rating sticker will NOT be allowed.
• Minimum driver attire shall include;
o Approved helmet (see above)
o Long-sleeve, cotton shirt or jacket
o Long cotton pants (jeans or docker-style pants OK)
o Closed-toe, leather or canvas shoes. (not nylon)
• Additional driver safety gear suggestions (not required)
• Nomex or Proban driving shoes
• Nomex, Proban or leather driving gloves
• Nomex or Proban driver’s suit
• Nomex or Proban neck roll / helmet support
* On-board fire extinguishers encouraged - must be SECURELY mounted
Notable rules, REGARDLESS of class:
• No tire changes between drag strip and road course/autocross competition. (replacement due to tire failure MUST be approved by the Tech Inspector / Event Steward BEFORE it is made)
• Front sway bar may be disconnected for events, but not removed from the car.
• ALL CARS must be presented in a clean, well-prepared manner.
• ALL CARS must be in top mechanical condition, free of ANY fluid leaks (engine oil, power steering, coolant, etc).
• NO passengers allowed during ANY of the competitive events.
• Event Tech Inspectors and/or Steward will have FINAL say on car classification and/or disqualification.
Hope to see you there! :thumbsup:
Jeff Lacina & Todd Zikas
Track Guys Guys