Has anyone else been experiencing a host of problems with their 2002 SVT Focus? In short, here are the problems I've experienced (and before you all respond by telling me to take it to the dealer, it's there as I write this, for the second time on many of these issues):
1) When you first start your car, regardless of the weather conditions, does your engine "hunt" to such a degree that it sounds like it's going to stall? I believe the correct term for this is that the engine "loads up." Mine actually DID stall once. The verdict: "Ford knows about this but has no fix for it" That was back in June, and the problem only appears to be getting worse.
2) Have you ever been left stranded, your car failing to start, your engine not even hinting at wanting to turn over? Mine did. The verdict: "No problem was found." And yet it failed yet again within a week of getting it back.
3) As a result of #1, at varying rates of speed my car feels like it's lurching. It's still in the shop, so I have no verdict on this one yet.
4) Moments after I start my car, a noise similar to that of a loose belt is heard from deep inside the passenger side dash, close to the engine compartment. Sometimes this even happens after an hour or so of steady driving. Again, the verdict is still out on this one.
5) Lastly, the already-mentioned squeaky driver's seat and a new, but faint door rattle near the latch of the driver's side door.
I'm mostly concerned with the engine and the car not starting on occasion. Have ANY of you experienced anything like this? I was one of the first (supposedly lucky) owners of this car, back in the first days of May 2001, and I'm beginning to wonder if I got shafted somehow.
My free loaner car (a late model Escort ZX2 w/ auto trans) appears to be riding just as well as my Focus SVT - and that is sad.