Thread: Canadian Raptor orders ... !*#$!

Angry Canadian Raptor orders ... !*#$!

Was hoping someone could shed some light on this concern. Placed a $5K deposit for a SVT Raptor January 21st, 2010. Rolling up on 6 months with no info from my Dealer. Not sure if it is even in the queue yet. Telling myself this will be worth the wait, but WOW!

If there is anyone that has info on 'verified' Canadian orders...it would be muchly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

I sent your message right up the chain to the top of SVT and they said they will have the Canadian sales rep follow up. Would you please PM me your information just so I have it? Name and contact info, ordering dealership, order specs, etc.
    Thanks!
    ~Marcie

Thanks MC ... Will PM the particulars/details to you this evening. Appreciate the promt reply.

Strange.
    My dealership in Oakville has two on their lot for quite some time now, as does the SVT dealership in Burlington.

What is your Ford area rep telling you?
    2004 Marauder #2130 of 3213
    http://www.ricksrepair.ca/

Hello...Area Rep meaning Dealership...? Dealer has never given me a true date/ETA. Initially was told 16-20 weeks. That day has passed. At one time was told, would not even get a 2010...would have to wait till 2011 (After having the deposit for a couple months) ! They did indicate something of availabilty in Ontario, that was a while ago. Not sure if that meant allotment or taking an order not filled..? Just want a Tuxedo Black SVT Raptor w/ 6.2L. If it is optioned up...that's fine, cool! Already have the light bar w/ lights to put on and the enhanced skid plate on order. LOL! Your thoughts..?

Just looking back into the e-mails from the Dealer. Things started to slip around the 12 week mark (after the order was placed). May 17th, 2010 was when the dealer indicated one "may not" even get a 2010 Raptor. Appreciate the help so far. Very challenging for one to keep their wits. Will do my best, refrain from venting/ranting and just state factual information.
    2003 Anniv. #1435 of 2003
    2010 Raptor 6.2L (Tux. BLK)

That's OK, I'm sure SVT management appreciates how eager you are to receive your Raptor, and they certainly want to know if the ball is being dropped somewhere along the line. Their goal is to get vehicles in people's hands and they want to know if there is a glitch in that process.
    I am relaying the info to the appropriate parties, that's why we're here.

~Marcie

Funny thing. What do they call that, ironic..? Get a voice mail/e-mail from the dealer today .., "call us." The Raptor has landed..? Although, I have not put my hand on it, the dealer confirms along with the other 2 verified orders, they are in. Somewhat bitter sweet, not sure. Firstly, MC...There is a reason you do what you do (PM to follow). Thank-you!

Thoughts are, how could my dealer not know what was going on for 6 months..? If one was prompted with a VIN#, may have never started this thread. SVT should have look at their process and it starts at the top. For some, $55K+ is a drop in the hat. Others work hard for things in life. There is no "customer care package" for Canadian orders on the Raptor as I have been informed. The discount on accessories that was for a limited time through Ford Racing didn't apply to Canadian residents.

Not sure what I can offer to others, aside from "be patient". If it is meant to be yours it will appear. This is my 2nd SVT product, hopefully there will be a 3rd and 4th to come, perhaps with some caution. Once again, thanks to MC (make sure SVT Managers should look into this), those that offered commentary and folks that read the post, thanks also...may your SVT experience be awesome, whether your 1st or the 6th added to a collection.

Stay tuned, I will post some pictures after the accessories are installed. Cheers and to all, enjoy the rest of the summer.

I drove past Discovery Ford in Burlington Ontario today. They still have the two brand new Raptors sitting in the front, one orange and I think the other one was black or blue. Discovery also has had a bunch of '10 Shelby's for quite some time and now have a 2011, not selling for the price it looks like.

Thanks! Went on-line and checked those out between Barrie & Discovery. Still perplexing, about 5 sitting there, customers out here. Of course when one does a factory/verified order, that backed me into a corner. After 16+ weeks, would think that dealers go to bat and say.., "listen, there is some jam up, truck out East and has one more option...you want it or wait?" Regardless, lined up with my dude for this Friday to pick it up. Bottom line, if there was one more week of nothing, would have got my deposit back hopped a flight to Ontario and bought one of those the following week.

Hey Gang...The Raptor is now at home. Once again, thanks to all the read the post. Hopefully one may never have to go through a new vehicle purchase the way I did.

Cheers! Post pix please!

Quote Originally Posted by boozer View Post
    Hey Gang...The Raptor is now at home..
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by MCipriani View Post
    Cheers! Post pix please!
    Sun Peaks Resort (Kamloops, British Columbia, CANADA)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0998.jpg   IMG_1003.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by boozer View Post
    Sun Peaks Resort (Kamloops, British Columbia, CANADA)
    Great looking truck. Enjoy!